True North is:

My photo
Michigan, United States

Monday, December 8, 2008

Google-"ing"

I have done many, many hours of research on the internet, looking into anything that has to do with “homesteading” or any varied version of that “search word” on google. I tried, self-reliance, going green, living off the grid, penny pinching, saving money, frugal living, gardening, hunting, alternate energy sources…etc. Each brought me a vast amount of information that I have taken little bits and pieces of and applied them to our new start on life. A few that I really enjoy visiting are, Mother Earth News (http://www.motherearthnews.com/), this is one of my favorites. Been around for years and has gotten a new lease of life seeing how so many are “going green” now-a days. It has so many useful articles and blogs. I really enjoy reading it. Another fav is Homestead.org: Exploring and enhancing the quality of rural life I haven’t become a member of anything yet, I just peek in now and then and see what others have written. I’m sure once everything really gets going for us I will join a group or 2. I'm pretty sure in a bit I will post all my links I've found. I just don't have the time with the holidays and all.

1 comment:

  1. I have found that the book, The Encyclopedia of Country Living is invaluable for the adventure you are on. It touches every conceivable side of homesteading from gardening to raising livestock. It is an invaluable tool that will make your lives easier in the long run!

    ReplyDelete