True North is:

My photo
Michigan, United States

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Teenagers point of View,


Well i am the teenager that is being forced against my will to participate in this homesteading experience. Now I'm not gonna lie the first time my mom and dad told me about this i was in totally shock, They would just say "Now Gabrielle this is a life style change,it will be fun". What are they thinking was running through my mind over and over again. Of course there is the upside my dad would be home a lot more and that was what i wanted, and i guess we would be saving a lot of money.Some of the things though are not exactly my cup of tea. First off TV...gone,as of just a few days ago i was without tv entirely and as you probably know i live out in the middle of no where and without TV, its not the best.But now at least we have some local channels, but i do miss my shows like "That 70's show" and "Secrete life of an American teenager"The cell phone fortunetly is still here. I really think i would die without it, i know your probably thinking "oh thats so a teenager thing", but its true. Though unlimited texting soon may be gone. Another big thing that has effected me is the heat. Or lack of it. It has been quite freezing in my room so i put on the parka and try not to get frost bite..lol.Bringing wood up from the basement to the living room use to be bad but know i kinda like it, kinda, probably because I'm building my arm muscle=)All in all though life has been pretty much the same for me, but we also haven't gotten the pigs yet. Really this homesteading thing isn't that bad and i look forward to the crazy events my family and i have to encounter.Which I'm sure there will be plenty of them.

3 comments:

  1. it's awesome that you've shared so openly and honestly! We are going on the same journey as you all are and I know my 17 year old son is going to feel very much the same as you! I hope you come to love it or at least it becomes easier for you!
    Blessings,
    Lezlee Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a laptop, you can run it on battery, and watch your secret life on abcfam.com anytime. or on youtube. or rent from netflix and watch on laptop. I'm glad you are doing this, it will get better!
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even begin to explain how proud I am of my daughter...in all things she is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete