True North is:

My photo
Michigan, United States

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One Mans Trash.....




The past couple of weekends marked the beginning of Garage, Rummage and Yard Sale season. I love this time of year. It's like a sport for me, hunting down that treasure that's oh so needed.

I picked up quite a few things for us this time around, couple shirts and a great pair of $100 coveralls for $9. I especially like if for finding clothes for Gabrielle. You know she's still stuck in the name brand world so that's what I keep my eye out for her, 3 shorts 2 shirts...score!

Household things are pictured here. The chair is by far my favorite find for $2. Pat's going to try and replicate it so we have a few more around the homestead. The planter was .50 cents and the cupboard was $4. I did practice bartering a lot, everyone that I made an offer to accepted. So offer away, it really works! Great deals for great stuff wouldn't you agree?

5 comments:

  1. The only good thing I can say about my family and I still living in the city is yardsales, apartment dumpsters and thrift stores! I have always loved them, but now that we are prepping for our future homestead, everytime I go to them I find myself looking only for things that we can use for our future homestead. So, I look for anything non-electric that can replace our electric things.
    You have some awesome finds! Congrats!
    P.S. Thank you for your blog. It is REALLY inspiring as my family and I prep for our future homestead! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see more pictures of the chair - now that I've seen it, I want to make one (or more)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great finds! I am stealing the leather lacing idea. Do you know what grief a woodworker would go through joining such thin stock otherwise?

    The chair is an example of what's known as Rustic Furniture. It was really big in the late 19th century for summer places.

    That cabinet looks like a laundry hamper, or trash can hider.

    Bill Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree all great finds, they all have such personality. Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I'll try to get some pics of the chair up soon.

    ReplyDelete